Who are we?
Kongl. Teknologkören (KTK) is a student choir of the Student union, THS, of the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. We are a mixed choir with about 40–45 members.
Our repertoire spans all music made for choir; from sacred music to world music and music from student culture. The choir has been part several larger projects, besides own concerts and recordings. The spring of 2016 we did a tour to Turku, Finland, where we performed Giuseppe Verdi's Requiem together with KTH's orchestra KTH:s Akademiska Kapell, and finnish choirs Florakören and Brahe Djärknar.
Kongl. Teknologkören is an active choir both musically and socially. In the choir you will find both a joy of singing as well as friends for life! We do lots of fun things during the year, including:
- Rehearsal on Wednesdays between 18:30–21:30.
- Perfom at our fall, christmas, spring, and summer concerts.
- We go to Åland for a yearly rehearsal weekend in October.
- Sing for the new students at KTH's welcoming ceremonies in the city hall in August.
- Sing at KTH's diploma ceremonies in the city hall in May and December.
- Sing at KTH's own christmas concert together with KTH:s Akademiska Kapell.
- Many Lucia processions at companies and organisations all over Stockholm in December.
- Sing and socialise at the choir's own parties.
Every other summer we go on a longer trip to meet other choirs or compete at international choir competitions. The last trips were:
- Vienna & Ljubljana, 2017
- We were able to stay for a short time in Vienna before continuing to Ljubljana where we performed in the beautiful S:t Nicolas' Cathedral.
- Bulgaria, 2015
- We participated in workshops about bulgarian folk music and kept concerts at the university in Sofia and at a biomathematics conference in Blagoevgrad.
- Portugal, 2013
- In Portugal, we sang with several choirs, including our sister choir at the Technical University of Lisbon.
- Barcelona, 2011
- The choir participated in the Barcelona choir festival, and performed in the Barcelona Cathedral.
Kongl. Teknologkören is led by conductor Rikard Karlsson since 2010. Before that, we've been led by David Lundblad (2008–2010), Fredrik Winberg (2003–2007) and Helene Stureborg (1994–2002).